Well, many miles, many visits with friends, and 5 pounds later (yeah, I had Tex-Mex at least once a day on our 6-day trip), we are back home again. Here is what we'll be doing (listed in no particular order) in the remainder of our time here in Saline (3 more weeks):
1. Speaking engagements: We will be speaking at several different churches about where we are going and what we'll be doing there. Joel will also be speaking at the Senior Banquet here at Saline High School.
2. Eating as much home cooking as we can...without being gluttonous we hope.
3. Running: I love to run around here since it's so dadgum beautiful. I've always loved to exercise...this will fill our need for getting as much of this scenery as we can while we can, and also hopefully keep us fit considering #2. :)
4. packing: Joel went and got the crates that we will be using to ship our things to Brazil yesterday. We are now working to finish going through our things and pack them all up. We ship the 30th of this month, so we only have about a week to get it all done.
5. Spending time with family and friends of course. I can't believe it will be 3 whole years until we see them again (the ones that don't come to visit us in Brazil that is). We've got lots of gatherings planned.
Although we are very busy and almost every day/night is filled, we are also trying to just bask in the beauty of this place. I LOVE THE LAKE!! Have I ever told you that? :) Usually the place I run is on the dam. It is beautiful.
And, we are trying to just spend time as a family too...just us and the kids. We pray that the kids will have enough security in me and Joel that no matter where we are (in our travels), things will remain "normal." Obviously that means that we are also remembering to make it a priority that we "remain in Him."
Now I'm off to pack up the crates.