Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Steve

Sunday night I had the overwhelming joy of seeing Steve Thrasher get baptized. He is a changed person. We weren't even supposed to go back for the night service, but I just couldn't miss it when he told me he was getting baptized. I have been praying for Steve basically since 7th grade...that's 20 years (wow, am I that old?). Honestly, I started praying for him because I had a crush on him...he was my "bad boy" crush. :) Yes, missionary dating is the way to go (sarcasm). But, through the years, even after I was married to Joel, I always had this huge burden for him and kept praying for him often. To see him get baptized on Sunday night was amazing.

He is currently in a faith-based rehab. program called Teen Challenge. If you don't know anything about it, it is a fantastic program that not only has a wonderful success rate regarding getting people set free from addictions, but also really shows people the love of Christ. Steve is doing great. I always felt that if God really got a hold of his heart, he could do amazing things for Christ. He has such a great personality and is one of the funniest people I've ever met. He seriously should have been dead many times...car wrecks, heart problems, his 15-yr. addiction to drugs of every kind. He talked to me alot on Sunday. He knows that it's only by the grace of God that he is still here and that God must surely have something for him to do. I am so happy for him and continue to pray for him, that God would accomplish the many great things through Steve that He clearly has planned for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!