Saturday, March 10, 2012

Words


I'm feeling much better. I still think about the kids all the time, but more and more, with confidence that everything is going to be alright. You know how you know something, but sometimes it takes a while to feel it? I've made it to the feel part now...everything will be ok. Don't know what that might look like...will we never see those kids again? Don't know. But, it'll all be alright. And I'll have to just trust that we are all better for having met each other, no matter what happens in the end.

So...moving on. Forgetting, no...but, moving on. And here we go to another subject.

I've mentioned before, I think on here, but I know on Facebook, that Eissa is our little family mispronouncer. It's really quite funny. We love to hear it and she keeps us entertained. She knows that about herself and sometimes she'll just say something similar to the word and then look up with a twisted face and say, "You know what I'm talking about? It's not that word but it's something like that?" ;)

Her favorite movie in the whole wide world is "Spirit." Oh my word, if I let her she would watch it more than once a day. Why does she love it so much? Well, probably because she is going to be a cowgirl when she grows up.

The other day she was being quite yucky to her little sister. I was explaining to her that she needed to be nice and sweet and kind, not yuck. Then I said, "So what do you want to be?" She promptly said, "A cowgirl."

Hahaha...not really what I was fishing for. I was fully able to ignore the fact that I wanted to lay over laughing and it actually worked out to my advantage that she answered that way..."What kind of cowgirl do you want to be? Did you know that there are no yucky cowgirls? If you want to be a cowgirl, you have to be nice and kind and sweet." Haha. It completely held way more weight that way...if it's associated with a cowgirl, she wants to be that. It worked out great.

So anyway, she is all about the cowgirl (I miss that she no longer calls it 'cowboy girl' by the way). She mentions at least 3-4 times a week how she can't wait to go back to the United States because Papaw is going to teach her how to be a cowgirl when she gets there. :) She is READY. My dad bought them a horse (and outfitted them all in their cowboy/cowgirl attire) and they got just a few couple of days with her last June when the kids and I traveled back for a quick 2-week trip for a wedding...that just wasn't enough time with Ladybug. She can't wait to get back there.

Like I said, "Spirit" is her fave. It's a cartoon about a horse if you're not familiar. Cute movie and also has some great songs by Bryan Adams which I don't mind listening to. When the bad guys capture the horse, at one point they call him a 'mustang.' I was sitting there when the movie was on, as they said that. Eissa was explaining the movie to me at that point. They had just finished saying that he was a mustang. Then Eissa, in her explaining, said, "Sometimes they call him a moustache."

Hahaha. I'm telling you, she does stuff like that all the time and it's so funny and so fun. We love that kid. Completely entertaining to live with her. :)

And now a few more of Eissa's cowgirl days with Ladybug (taken last June), her goldilocks, and just her crazy, fun, goofy self (taken last weekend). :) She's my favorite 5 year old for sure.
I love this one. Pure joy!







Haha...love her!!

No comments: