Sunday, July 22, 2007

Ruth It Won't Be

So, I've always liked the name Ruth...not enough to name a daughter that, but I've liked it. I'm sure I will run into many little things like this before it is all said and done, but a few weeks ago when we first arrived I found this out...

Ruth here is spelled Rute. An "r" at the beginning of a word is pronounced like an "h." The "t" in Rute is pronounced like "ch." And then of course you always pronounce the "e" at the end.

So, what is Ruth in Portuguese? Hoochie!

Yeah, so now it's definite...we won't be naming our daughter Ruth.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What daughter?

kris said...

nice!
are you pregnant??

Michawn said...

oh my gosh...i guess i should've worded it a different way. not pregnant! it was just a way to tell the story and i just meant in the future at some point. everyone calm down. :)

Anonymous said...

We ate supper at the Foster's and the Bice's were there before they go back to Hawaii. Dottie wondered about the baby too. :)
Just never know about you!!

AUNY said...

My sister is now in Peru. Her name is Kay Jones. When you say that in Spanish, it sounds like the word for testicles (cojones). I'm serious. She is going to have to change her name! My brother-in-law keeps saying that it will be like..."Meet my wife, Testicles." Kay thinks that the Lord is getting a huge laugh out of this since He knew that Kay would marry a Jones and move into a Spanish speaking country!