Sunday, November 07, 2010

November 7th 2010

We are alive and well. We are settling back into life here in AnĂ¡polis...into our house, into our routine. The routine is going well...the house is a work in progress. :) But, it's nice to back. More news and pictures and updates to come soon.

But, today I had to post about something that you all know is very heavy on my heart. The issue of the orphan. We were approved to adopt last spring and now that we are back home, we will be starting adoption classes (the next step) this month. Very exciting to see what the Lord will do with us in that area.

Today, November 7th, is Orphan Sunday. Did your church do anything for Orphan Sunday? Did they even know that it is Orphan Sunday? As many have said, the issue of orphans is truly not a government problem, it is a church problem. God called us, the church, to take care of this issue. Are you a part of the church? What are you doing right now to take care of this issue? YOU are God's plan for the orphan!

There are so many wonderful organizations that you can get involved with (Cry of the Orphan, Show Hope, Focus on the Family, Together for Adoption, Hope for Orphans, Lifeline Adoption, and Snowflake Adoption just to name a few)...whether you adopt or not, you must get involved...you are called to get involved if you are a part of the church. If you are a God/Jesus-follower, then you are a part of the church even if you aren't part of a church. Visit those organizations listed that have great information and resources for you. And then this is a great MOVIE (click...go...watch it now) that many of these organizations came together to make...calling all to orphan care and raising awareness. Please watch it and ask God what role He would have you play, whether it be adoption, raising awareness in your community, giving financially, etc. You do have a role to play. Ask what it is He wants you to do.

Can't wait to hear all about the answers you get to how He wants to use you. Let me know what He says so that I can rejoice with you. Such a huge need...and really a pretty simple answer to the need. We just need to do it.

3 comments:

Alice said...

Michawn I love this post! I'm so excited that you are moving forward towards adopting a child!!! :)

For us, I have felt strongly for a few years that God is calling us to adopt. Maybe one, maybe many children. Special needs children are on my heart a lot but I am also nervous about that as I have no experience! I know God will enable us for whatever it is He has planned. I don't know when though. Right now we are in the midst of the blessing of many babies in a row, and I pray that doesn't stop any time soon! Maybe God will have us adopt later, or maybe while we're still in this phase (scary!). I am excited! I can't wait to see how God's plan unfolds for us, or for you too!

Dani said...

Michawn, I can't wait to see what God does to bring about a new member of your family!!! Love you! God bless you all.

Mary said...

I am so excited for your family! I hope to be able to adopt someday. I look forward to following your journey.